It’s so easy to forget about our feet especially in the summer months when we’re just trying to stay on top of the heat and the partying. But when we’re wearing strappy sandals with our tootsies on display, our feet take centre stage and it's easy to be embarrassed by their state! These 5 tips will help you keep your feet looking mighty fine throughout the hotter months and all the summer dancing!
All January we have 10% off all pedicure services! Quote "RIGHTFOOT10" in the comments section of your booking & choose the pay later option.
1. Keep your feet hydrated! Generally our feet take a real beating, and it’s even worse in the summer when we’re hitting the beach all the time. We know the effects of salt water on our hair and faces, but we neglect the effect that it has on our feet. Walking on piping hot sand and then soaking our feet in salt water can leave our feet looking worse for wear. That’s why it’s important to keep feet moisturised to prevent cracking and dry feet. We suggest using a hand cream or jojoba oil on your feet just before bed -it won’t be too oily and it will be able to soak into your feet whilst you’re off them for a few hours!
2. All the parties and late summer nights are great, but can easily leave our feet tired and sore. Throw in a pair of heels and it’s a recipe for big, painful blisters. Take a pair of comfy small shoes with you (in a bag) if you’ve got a long event! Thongs or slides are perfect and we guarantee the journey home will be 100% more enjoyable! Best advice we’ve ever received!
3. Get rid of dry skin and calluses by grabbing a foot mask and a scrub! Tough skin on your heels can be vanished by a bit of TLC and this can rejuvenate your whole foot! Foot masks are now readily available at most beauty stores and exfoliating scrubs will make your feet feel like heaven!
4. Sunscreen! It may seem a little silly, but our legs and feet are often neglected when we go out in the sun- but they’re just as important as any other part of our skin! To avoid a thong shaped sunburn/tan or any damage to the skin on your legs and feet, we recommend a non-oily sunscreen to apply to your feet and legs- so that your shoes aren’t slippery!
5. Get a pedicure: It’s sandal season, you’re going to be showing those babies off, so you have to take care of them! Getting a pedicure can go a loooong way. Not only is it relaxing, but instead of having to break your back trying to paint your toenails, you can have an experienced Purely Polished Nail Stylist give you the most blissful pedi of your life!